How to program the D-05 sequencer
The D-05 includes a Sequencer and an Arpeggiator. They can be used separately or simultaneously. Together they could even offer some type of accompagnement: i.e. With a patch in Split mode you could program a bassline on the Lower Tone with the sequencer and play live the arpeggiator for the Upper Tone.
The Roland D-05 Arpeggiator settings:
To access the Arpeggiator, press SHIFT + SEQUENCER.
- Sw (Switch) : to turn the arpeggiator on or off.
- Typ (TYPE) : To select the type of Arpeggiator:
- Type 1 : Up
- Type 2 : Down
- Type 3 : Up2 (up by 2 octaves)
- Type 4 : Down3 (down by 2 octaves)
- Type 5 : RND (Random)
- Scal (SCALE) : to specify the note value : 8, 16, …
- Hold : When on, the notes played stays on even after releasing the keys.
The Roland D-05 Step Sequencer settings:
To access the STEP Sequencer, press SEQUENCER.
- Steps that produce sound are lit; muted steps are unlit.
- By simultaneously pressing two of the – buttons, you can connect the region between those two buttons with a tie.
How to program the Roland D-05 sequencer and arppegiator.
Playing the Sequencer and Arpeggiator simultaneously.
The Roland D-05 has a very flexible Step Sequencer on top of an Arpeggiator. The question I answer in this video, is how use them simultaneously. Grab a chair and enjoy.