Phonolyth Velvet Machine –
Don’t be fooled! It’s not a reverb.
Of course, the Velvet machine can do reverb, but it can be so much different. It is actually a granular noise convolution plugin for iOS, Mac and Windows.
To just limit this plugin to reverb to limit the span of usefulness of it. You really want to have the Velvet Machine for the included “velvet noise generator” used for the convolution. On top of that, you can shape it using and super flexible enveloppe. It can really open the possibilities. From weird spacy ambiances to rhythmic reverb, I really like it! I personally like the capacity of creating new rhythms for percussion sounds.
Check it out!
Here’s the official info about it :
The Velvet Machine is an audio effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise designed to:
- Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds
- Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.)
- Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds)
Note for iOS users: At high settings, Velvet Machine can be quite CPU-intensive. A minimum of 5th Gen iPad, iPhone 6s or 1st Gen iPhone SE is recommended.
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature
- Effect time ranging from 50 ms to 10 s
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second
- Predelay up to 1 s
- Host tempo sync for time and predelay parameters
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet with no dry signal
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant
- 20+ factory presets
- Fully resizable vector-based UI
- Cross-platform preset format